Please don't limit to IE9

Mar 29, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Please don't restrict the project to just IE9, but delivering the practices for creating a HTML5 web apps that works across modern browsers.

Mar 30, 2011 at 1:44 PM

From the readme:

"Project Silk provides guidance and sample implementations that describe and illustrate recommended practices for building modern web applications using technologies such as HTML5, jQuery, CSS3, and modern browsers such as Internet Explorer 9."

It is not only for IE9 but all modern webbrowsers who support html5

Apr 28, 2011 at 9:45 PM

The app should run happily on any current modern browser, and work with a diminished experience on older browsers.

The written guidance should apply across browsers as well.

I hope that helps,

May 2, 2011 at 4:02 PM

Firefox 4.0.1 runs perfect

May 6, 2011 at 8:41 PM

I'm not sure about the rest of the app but the "Delicious Widget QuickStart" doesn't seem to work in FF 4.0.1. That's a bit ironic seeing as how the intended audience for Project Silk is "existing web developers who are interested in taking advantage of the latest web standards and technologies." I understand MS wanting to highlight the many improvements in IE9 and am grateful for these sort of P&P examples but I think it's important that they acknowledge that today's code needs to take advantage of the functionality of non-IE browsers as well.

May 8, 2011 at 6:55 PM

The Mileage Stats RI is cross-browser.

The reason the Widget QuickStart works only in IE9 is because it is a local file and IE9 has the capability to allow local active content to be viewed. This is a security feature and was also explained in the write up.

Hope this helps,