Testdriven

Mar 30, 2011 at 2:48 PM
Edited Apr 1, 2011 at 8:27 AM

I wonder how you guys developed this project.

Looks a lot of unit tests which i really like. How do you guys start with adding functionality? I would love to see in the documentation/videos how you guys archieved this project using Unittests and would recommend how to go further with developing such applications using this great technique :)

Very nice and clear project indeed! well done!

Sincerely,

Rob

[edit: i've seen this in the presentations that you talked about it. I wish i could be there ;-) ]

Apr 12, 2011 at 7:11 AM

Anyone know any good books on the testing techniques used in this project? :-)

Apr 20, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Not to active these discussion forums. But please can someone tell me what type of development testing has been used?

Iam interested if this project has been Testdriven or that the Unit tests are created afterwards? :-)

Thanks!

Developer
Apr 28, 2011 at 10:37 PM

We are working on the written documentation that will accompany the code.  We plan on an entire chapter around testing with sections around unit testing.  It is still evolving at this point, but look for a draft within the next few weeks.

General unit testing is covered in a lot of books that are available.  A few titles I read when I was learning are:

• Test Driven Development: By Example by Kent Beck
  • Test-Driven Development in Microsoft .NET (Microsoft Professional) by James W. Newkirk and Alexei A. Vorontsov

There are newer books available, but I have not read in this particular space in a while, and the above were able to get me up and running.

We have a mixed team of developers.  Some prefer doing test-first.  Others do test-after.  Different portions of the code were done each way, depending on who worked on it.  Personally, I much prefer the test-first approach.

Let me know if that helps,

Mike

Apr 30, 2011 at 4:44 PM

Thanks for the reply and the list of books! Looking forward for the drafts the current is already very informative! . From the code i see you guys used a bit of BDD (behavior driven development) from the looks of the function "When...._Then....) ofcourse thats the same concept of TDD but i can be wrong since Tests are new for me :-) never the less its a very cleared and well designed project. Looking forward for the next releases.

Thanks again for the clear reply!