Building Solution Vs2010 SP1

May 7, 2011 at 2:05 AM

Everytime I try to build the solution I get the following error:

Error    1    The command "
if not exist "D:\inetpub\Projects\silk\MileageStats\MileageStats.Data.SqlCe.Tests\bin\Debug\x86" md "D:\inetpub\Projects\silk\MileageStats\MileageStats.Data.SqlCe.Tests\bin\Debug\x86"
xcopy /s /y "D:\inetpub\Projects\silk\MileageStats\packages\SqlServerCompact.4.0.8482.1\NativeBinaries\x86\*.*" "D:\inetpub\Projects\silk\MileageStats\MileageStats.Data.SqlCe.Tests\bin\Debug\x86"
if not exist "D:\inetpub\Projects\silk\MileageStats\MileageStats.Data.SqlCe.Tests\bin\Debug\amd64" md "D:\inetpub\Projects\silk\MileageStats\MileageStats.Data.SqlCe.Tests\bin\Debug\amd64"
xcopy /s /y "D:\inetpub\Projects\silk\MileageStats\packages\SqlServerCompact.4.0.8482.1\NativeBinaries\amd64\*.*" "D:\inetpub\Projects\silk\MileageStats\MileageStats.Data.SqlCe.Tests\bin\Debug\amd64"" exited with code 4.    MileageStats.Data.SqlCe.Tests

The SqlCE Tests execute fine and all tests passed.

Anybody else come across this.

May 8, 2011 at 3:36 PM

We are looking into this, will respond on Monday.  We have not seen this before.

Sorry you are having difficulty.

Karl

Developer
May 9, 2011 at 5:25 AM

Is it possible that VS does not have permission to create the directory in D:\inetpub\ ?

You can try either [a] running VS as an administrator or [b] compiling the solution in a different directory.

Let me know if this helps,

Christopher

May 17, 2011 at 11:17 PM

same problem here: 

SqlServerCompact.4.0.8482.1 does not exist on packages.
I had to add it via nuget
May 18, 2011 at 1:18 AM

heads5150,

I had the same errors occur trying to build until I remembered to actually open the readme and then ran the NuGet script.
After running the included script everything built and ran fine.  Hope that helps.

Robert