FillupEntry.UnitOfMeasure not stored in database

Jun 25, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Hi, I noticed that the UnitOfMeasure field is not saving to the database, so the second time you start the application it defaults to gallons.

By the way, are there plans to better support liters and kilometers in the UI?

Thanks!

Jun 27, 2011 at 12:11 AM

By the way, I have finished adding full support for liters and kilometers in Silk. The changes mostly involved having a single object with responsibility over formatting prices, quantities, distances and ratios for the user, and changing JSON objects to include formatted output, instead of the real numbers (which are not needed anyway). Let me know if you would like to take a look and I can send you the git branch with all the changes.

Coordinator
Jun 28, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Yes, we definitely had the ability for a user to change the unit of measure for distance and volume on our backlog, but given its priority, we were not able to get to it given our time constraints. Will we add it (or many of the other features that are missing) later? We don't know yet. Mileage Stats is a reference implementation with the sole purpose of illustrating guidance. We have to match application features with the guidance we're trying to describe and prioritize them accordingly. We're happy with what we have and will definitely be looking for opportunities to use Mileage Stats on other projects. An example of this is how the Prism team continues to use the Stock Trader RI. If/when we do, we will try to get more features in, but we can't know that yet.

We think it's great that you've built on top of what we have. That's exactly what we hoped you would do. Unfortunately, given our legal constraints, we can't incorporate your changes and republish them. However, we do want the rest of the community to know what you've done and learn from it. The best way to do this is to fork the codebase on the Source Code tab and post your changes. We will promote your fork on this site so others will know about it (assuming you want this).

If you would like to go this route, just give us the okay. 

Thank you,
Don