Step By Step Tutorial

Jun 29, 2011 at 3:20 PM

I want to thank the team for providing the documentation however being a beginner i find it so high level to be able to adequately master the concepts that are used in the project. Is there a step by step tutorial for this project anywhere that i can follow along? I know i am not alone when i say that a step by step tutorial where the concepts are explained while we code along with it will be beneficial to some of us beginners. Thanks again for this project I have learnt alot from it already.

Jun 30, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Dismas,

Project Silk uses a number of technologies; our goal of the project was to demonstrate putting these technologies together. As such, we don't cover or provide documentation on the individual technologies except for jQuery UI Widgets where we devote a chapter and quick start to.

There is a wealth of information freely available on the Internet for the individual technologies like HTML5, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery and ASP.NET MVC.

Our documentation should be very close to completion by next Friday. If you read the book from start to finish, this may help understand how to put the application together.

We would apprecate feedback on the documentation that could make it better or more clear.

Have a great day,

Karl