Is this the next Prism?

Jul 2, 2011 at 8:29 AM

Hi Karl,

What is the scope of this project? Would it be like Prism project or is this just a prove of concept? How serious and commited are you and microsoft on this project? Because I don't see much action on this project.

I love Prism, but probably should move to other technology/framework for my next enterprise project. I'm closely watching slik project to see if it is good enough for an enterprise application and can be a good replacement for Prism. What's your opinion on this? Would you kindly advice me on this matter?

Kind regards,

Alex

Jul 2, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Alex,

The patterns & practices team provides guidance for many Microsoft technologies.

This project is not releated to Prism nor is it a replacement for Prism. 

This project is about building interactive web applications using the latest web standards.  

Prism is guidance and a framework for building WPF and Silverlight applications.

From the Project Silk home page, "Project Silk provides guidance for building cross-browser web applications with a focus on client-side interactivity. These applications take advantage of the latest web standards like HTML5, CSS3 and ECMAScript 5 along with modern web technologies such as jQuery, Internet Explorer 9, and ASP.NET MVC3."

Have a nice day,

Karl