Need Walkthrough for Project Silk

Aug 2, 2011 at 12:50 PM

Hello Developer Team,

I appreciate your works a lot, it's very helpful and a standard for Web Developers like me. But some concept i do not understand like repository, unitOfWork pattern, how to using JSON in MVC, how to implement these on my own project, how to implement Entity Framework 4.1 for Existing SQL Database, because some server do not support SQL Compact. So i do need steps by steps tutorial for Project Silk to read, to understand more implement separation MVC, i would appreciate a lot if you add some more walkthrough in project. Thanks a lot !

Developer
Aug 2, 2011 at 1:05 PM

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion. Note that at the end of each chapter there is a Further Reading section which provides links to articles that explain the concepts, technologies, and patterns used in the chapter.

If you believe the links provided in the aforementioned sections do not give enough information to understand these concepts, you could create a work item in the Issue Tracker about this, so that the Silk team considers this for future versions.

I hope you find this helpful.

Guido Leandro Maliandi
http://blogs.southworks.net/gmaliandi

Coordinator
Aug 2, 2011 at 6:12 PM

Hey Ne7ven,

It sounds like you're primarily interested in web guidance that deals with server-side implementation details. While the Project Silk team did use ASP.NET MVC3, SQL Compact, and Entity Framework 4.1 in the Mileage Stats reference implementation, the majority of our focus was on the front-end details. We have a single chapter in the guide called "Server-side Implementation" that may answer some of your questions. It includes a section on how we implemented the Repository pattern and how we rationalized our JSON endpoints, but I don't believe we explicitly talk about the Unit of Work pattern in the chapter. The version of this chapter in the latest drop is pretty current and close to what we will release when the project is done (very soon). Have a look. We're interested if it helps.

Cheers,
Don

Aug 4, 2011 at 8:51 AM

Hi,

repository, unitOfWork.

http://www.asp.net/entity-framework/tutorials/implementing-the-repository-and-unit-of-work-patterns-in-an-asp-net-mvc-application