IE9 Issue with Project Silk in debug mode

Oct 25, 2011 at 5:23 AM

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this error I'm having... running the solution in debug mode from VS, once I get  through the authorization page (onto the vehicle list/dashboard) for the first time all the widgets fail with:

Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object doesn't support the property or method 'widget'

The IE9 script debugger shows the files are at least being loaded from the CDN.

Interestingly, the project works fine in firefox. I've not really made any alterations to anything at this stage - just played around with some images...

thanks

Coordinator
Oct 25, 2011 at 5:14 PM

Is there a chance your scripts aren't loading in the correct order? widget is defined by the jQuery UI reference. The jQuery reference will need to be defined before jQuery UI and they both need to be defined before any of the others. Although if that were the case, it wouldn't work in Firefox either. Make sure you're not caching. Can you share more details about what you're seeing in the script debugger?

Don

Oct 26, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Thanks - it turned out to be a caching issue... it's been a while since I've worked on the UI side of things!

Jan 24, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Any chance you can post more about your fix?  I am having this issue as well.  I made no changes to the projects.  I was simply stepping through some code and later that day, I started getting the errors.

"Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object doesn't support this property or method"

It looks like i'm getting the error on every mstats.xxxxxx.js file.