Is DashBoard and Charts are SPI and other is full page reload?

Jan 18, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Hi.

Is DashBoard and Charts are SPI and other is full page reload? Confused:

Developer
Jan 18, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Hi,

Take into account that Mileage Stats is an example of a hybrid design.This type of application has pages that act as islands of interactivity that do not require full-page reloads as well as pages that do require a full-page reload.

Based on my understanding, this is because modern web applications seek to limit the number of full-page reloads. As reloads are much slower than a localized calls to update a portion of the UI, although dynamically updating a page can be a little more challenging. Full-page reloads also limit the ability to animate state or page changes and by not performing a full-page reload, users can be kept in context, providing a fluid experience as they navigate from one task to another.

As you will find The Mileage Stats Reference Implementation offers two types of user experiences:

• A traditional website experience: In this approach, a form post and page reload are executed each time a button or hyperlink is clicked.
  • A rich website experience: In this approach, the initial page is loaded once, and server requests are only made when new data is required or updated. In addition to other user-friendly features, the lack of a full-page reload enables the animation of client-side state changes.

You can find more information about this in the following chapters of the Silk documentation at MSDN:

I hope you find this handy,

Agustin Adami
http://blogs.southworks.net/aadami

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Edited Jan 25, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Hi,

Thanks, But one more thing doubt. If I place a number of Scripts within other page rather than isLand page. All those scripts will be reloaded again. Am I correct?

Really owesome with this Project and not easily to learn about these. My bad with these technologies.

The tutorial lack of lots details for who new to these technologies. It would be nice if your team can provide us step by step.

Thanks And Regards.

Developer
Jan 26, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Hi,

As far as I know, when requiring a full-page reload, the page will request the scripts again. However if this page was visited before, the scripts should be kept in the browsers cache, and run in response to the corresponding action.

As a side note, you may find helpful to use web browser debugging and tracing tools such as Windows Internet Explorer® F12 developer tools, Fiddler, and FireBug to see the relative cost of the different parts of each round trip to the server.

Regards,

Agustin Adami
http://blogs.southworks.net/aadami