Shall I study ECMAScript5?

Jan 25, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Because this is Microsoft implementation and there's a number of web browsers. Is ECMAScript5 standard?

Jan 26, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Edited Jan 26, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Based on my understanding ECMAScript 5 is a Language Specification web standard. As JavaScript is compliance with these standards, you could take advantage of them for building cross-browser web applications.

On the other hand, I you are interested in the Prerequisites of Silk and the main concepts required to follow the guidance, you can find the following information provided within the Introduction Chapter of the documentation useful:

This guidance is intended for web developers and assumes you have some hands-on experience with ASP.NET MVC, CSS, HTML, JavaScript, and jQuery. Mileage Stats relies heavily on a few important JavaScript and jQuery concepts that you need to understand. They include:

• JavaScript: Object literals, immediate functions, closures, object prototypes, scoping rules, use of the this keyword
  • jQuery: Selectors, wrapped sets, chaining

If you are not familiar with these concepts or have not used them in your own projects, see the "Further Reading" section at the end of this chapter for more information on these topics.

Agustin Adami