Utilization of JQuery templates

May 25, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Hi

I just started reading the documentation of "Microsoft Project silk". In that JQuery templates are referred in some of the places.

The official site of "JQuery templates" announced they are not going to release final version of this library.

I would like to know why you are still utilizing the libraries which doesn't have any future ? Are you planning to replace JQuery templates with an alternate?

Regards,

Ramana Akula.

Developer
Jun 1, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Hi Ramana,

As mentioned in the documentation, there are a number of HTML templating engines that can be used. As far as I know, the team particularly decided to use the jQuery Templates plug-in when developing the Mileage Stats RI, because it was a natural fit after they decided to use jQuery and jQuery UI.

Also, as mentioned in this related thread,  I also believe you could find additional information about this decision in the following sections of the Silk documentation:

On the other hand, as you mentioned, the JQuery Official Site announced that this plugin will no longer being actively developed or maintained. Hence, if you think the usage of this plugin should be changed in the future, I believe you could create a work item in the Issue Tracker Section, so the Silk’s team can analyze this for future releases.

Regards,

Agustin Adami
http://blogs.southworks.net/aadami