Implement CustomMembershipProvider?

Jun 8, 2012 at 7:04 PM

I am making a project identical in structure to Silk. However, I have implemented a CustomMembershipProvider, CustomRoleProvider, and CustomMembershipUser. Where in the project structure should these concrete classes go? 

I have also created an IFormsAuthenticationService, IMembershipService, and two classes that implement these respecively: FormsAuthenticationService and MembershipService. All of these files sit in the BusinessLogic >> MyProject.Domain solution. 

Would the custom membership classes go in the data tier? 

Developer
Jun 11, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Hi,

As far as I know, the Silk project does not provide guidance on how to implement a custom MembershipProvider.

Regarding where to locate your custom membership classes, as far as I know, there is no specific restriction for this decision.

For example, based on my understanding, MembershipProviders are models on which components that are designed to manage membership in ASP.NET are based on; and once you have your custom MembershipProvider configured in your application in the same way that you configure the application to use an ASP.NET provider, the Membership class will automatically invoke your custom provider to communicate with your authentication data source. Based on this, I believe where to place this classes will depend mostly on your personal preferences. For example, in my opinion the Models folder could be a possible approach.

Also, I believe you could check the following resources, which might result interesting:

Regards,

Agustin Adami
http://blogs.southworks.net/aadami