Up and Running... Sorry Error !

Jun 13, 2012 at 5:15 AM

I am just trying to make a way into the .NET Web World. Please help!

section name="dotNetOpenAuth" type="DotNetOpenAuth.Configuration.DotNetOpenAuthSection" requirePermission="false" allowLocation="true"
section name="unity" type="Microsoft.Practices.Unity.Configuration.UnityConfigurationSection, Microsoft.Practices.Unity.Configuration"
sectionGroup name="dotNetOpenAuth" type="DotNetOpenAuth.Configuration.DotNetOpenAuthSection, DotNetOpenAuth.Core">

Parser Error Message: Section or group name 'dotNetOpenAuth' is already defined. This can not be defined multiple times.
I can see that two reference are names "dotNetOpenAuth" with seems to be an issue in the web.config file.
What should i do at this point. The first reference was then before i installed the Negut Package for Silk.
The second one came when the openAuth Dll was installed with negut.
Thanks
VS2010, MVC3, .NET 4.0

Developer
Jun 13, 2012 at 1:24 PM
Edited Jun 13, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Hi,

I have encountered with the same issue you are describing, after installing the latest version of the Nuget Packages, it seems that there is an extra section definition in the web.config file. In my case, I could avoid this error by removing the following section definition from the web.config file (which was present before the installation):

<section name="dotNetOpenAuth" type="DotNetOpenAuth.Configuration.DotNetOpenAuthSection" requirePermission="false" allowLocation="true" />

Also, I created this work item in the issue tracker section, to report this behavior,

Regards,

Agustin Adami
http://blogs.southworks.net/aadami