The Model between Business Layer and Dal?

Oct 4, 2012 at 2:06 PM
Edited Oct 4, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Hi,

There's a number of Models. Right?

Sometime I need new Model for transfer data between DAL to BLL. Similar when we use SQL's view, But in my case it is really complicated.

I am not talking about DAL's Model and DomainModel.

E.G

I need data from 3 tables then send the data with other Model from DAL to BLL.

Shall I create other project then contain new Model for transfer data between the two of BLL and DAL?

The new Model will be shared between the two DAL and BLL.

Why I use this pattern for my WPF project because I found that it is really flexible. I am working with more than 16 developer. A number of teams.

Why not drop DomainModel then refactoring the DomainModel into new Project? By the way I can use it at DAL and BLL or ViewModel.

Best Regards,

WP

Developer
Oct 5, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Hi,

I am not experienced in implementing models that use data for more than one table. However, in my opinion your approach seems to be a valid one to address such scenario, specially if you have experienced good results when using it before in previous projects.

Based on my understanding, each application have its own requirements; therefore, different application might require different approaches. If you and your team think that the approach you are describing here is applicable in your scenario, I believe it could make sense to use it.

Regards,

Damian Cherubini
http://blogs.southworks.net/dcherubini